Boxing not only blasts calories, but also delivers unmatched confidence and a strong presence. You will not only feel and look your best but also inspire others around you! You will be in gladiator shape, both physically and mentally, ready to conquer anything that comes your way!
It may seem like an intimidating sport (it was for me), but you will soon realize it’s an incredible workout without requiring any previous experience. It’s also one of the best ways to strengthen your presence and boost confidence. If you can get to a class great, but if not you can still reap the benefits without hitting a heavy bag.
This workout is designed to crush calories, burn fat, improve aerobic capacity and sculpt your core. By switching off between high intensity boxing moves and core exercise, you will burn a significant amount of calories while tightening up the entire core. If you’d like to do this routine with boxing gloves and a bag, please do not hesitate. If you do not have access to this equipment it’s no problem at all. Either hold a set of 2-3 pound weights while performing the punches or start without any weight at all. You will still get a serious workout!
How it works:
Perform each exercise for 1 minute. The boxing moves will be performed as fast as possible and the core moves will be at a moderate pace. Do the entire routine 3 times through.
- Stand with feet hip width apart in an athletic stance. Deeply bend both knees, shift hips back and lower down until thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Extend to straight and kick right leg out to the side as you hinge at your hips. Engage the glutes to lift the leg. Extend right arm out to punch.
- Return to center and come back into the squat. Quickly drive up, extending the legs to straight and kick out to the left. Continue to alternate for 1-minute.
- Stand with feet hip width apart in an athletic stance. Start with right foot forward and left foot back. Drive right fist forward, extending your arm all the way out to straight.
- Quickly switch arms, driving your left fist forward, extending your arm out to straight.
- Come back to the start position with hands up by your face. Do 1 deep squat. Then repeat entire movement (jab, jab, squat). Perform as many rounds as possible in 1 minute.
- Come into a forearm plank position with feet hip width apart and nose over thumbs.
- Keeping hips level, rock back and forth a few inches. Keep core engaged and shoulder blades drawn toward one another.
- Repeat the movement for 1 minute.
Jab/ Jab/ Hook/Hook:
- Stand with feet hip width apart in an athletic stance. Start with right foot forward and left foot back. Drive right fist forward, extending your arm all the way out to straight (wrists facing down).
- Quickly switch arms, driving your left fist forward, extending your arm out to straight. Then punch right fist forward keeping elbow bent and thumb upward (like you’re holding a mug).
- Come back to center and punch left fist forward with elbow bent and thumb upward. If you are punching a bag the hook would be punching the side of the bag.
- Come back to the start position with hands up by your face. Do 1 deep squat. Then repeat entire movement (jab, jab, hook, hook, squat). Perform as many rounds as possible in 1 minute.
Side Plank with Hip Raise:
- Come onto your side with elbow under shoulder, wrist directly out from the elbow and feet stacked.
- Lift hips off the ground, engaging your core the entire time.
- Slowly drop hips toward the ground and quickly drive them right back up. Lift and lower for 30 seconds and then switch sides.