Keep your body burning calories long after your workout by doing intervals.
This workout can be done in 30 minutes or less, 3X per week. That is only 1 1/2 hours for an entire week—definitely possible for everyone.
You can do this workout running, swimming, cycling, or on elliptical trainers.
- Warm up with a few dynamic stretches, then jog for two minutes
- Increase your speed to a sprint (about 90% of your full effort) for 30 seconds
- Slow down to a jog for one minute
- Repeat steps 2-3 for a total of 6X
- Cool down with a two minute walk and static stretching
Interval workouts lead to increased speed and endurance, better performance in sports, and a leaner physique.
According to the College of Sports Medicine, more calories are burned in short, high intensity exercises. There is no need to go on an hour jog if you do not have the time and want to burn calories faster.